- Preparation time
- 5 mins
- Cooking time
- 30 mins
- 3 people
- Meal course
- Posted by
- Posted on
- November 18, 2019
Tired of waiting for hours to get that simmered-to-perfection juicy flavour of the beef with the glorious scent of spices? Wait no more! We have a recipe so good and so quick, you and your partner would be proud to invite friends over to get a taste of this.
If you are enthusiastic about your beef chili, then you know that the way to get all the flavours combined is to get it simmered right, yeah? And you can get it perfect by using an instant pot. Just prepare the ingredients, drop it in the pot and check on it every once in a while. While it simmers you and your partner can catch up on the day or do some chores together, while the beef’s still cooking.
This dish is so versatile that you could pair the beef chili with either rice, bread, or on tacos. Chill with a glass of wine or a nice cold bottle of beer while you’re at it. Truly a great dish to serve for a group or you and the beau. And after eating, there’s not much to clean up since you’re going to be making this dish in just ONE pot. That’s what we call smart-cooking.
- 1. Wash and cook brown rice in the rice cooker.
- 2. Using the Instant Pot, select the Sauté program at Normal setting. Once it has come up to temperature, add oil.
- 3. Add the beef and cook until golden. Add chili seasoning, beef base, onions, and garlic, and cook for 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 4. Add the beans and tomatoes and stir well. Close the lid and the vent. Select the Meat and Stew program and the Normal setting. Adjust the timer to 20 minutes. Quick release the pressure accordingly.
- 5. Serve with brown rice and garnish with lime wedge and cilantro.