- Meal course
- Posted by
- Posted on
- November 13, 2019
Three words: Smothered. Pork. Chop.
These three words sum up a recipe you can already smell. Making this recipe is something we love doing, especially when we are too lazy to head out. It’s a great combination of sizzle and slather. Hearing that porkchop sizzle on the pan is music to our ears, but be careful not to burn anything though.
We love adding mushrooms to the creamy sauce. You can opt to add more veggies to fill you up. The creamy goodness of the sauce complements the juicy flavour of the pork chop, making its way to be part of our weekly meal (guilty for indulgence).
It is so easy, we promise you’d enjoy preparing this as much as dining it.
- 1. Season pork chops all over with salt and pepper.
- 2. Mix flour, garlic powder and chili powder in a bowl. Coat pork chops in flour, shaking off excess. Reserve 2 tablespoons seasoned flour.
- 3. Heat 1/4 cup oil in a heavy skillet, until shimmering. Cook pork chops until golden, about 4-5 minutes per side. Transfer to plate. Clean the skillet.
- 4. Reduce heat to medium low, pour in remaining oil, and sauté the onions. Season with more salt and pepper and cook until very soft and translucent.
- 5. To make the sauce, add butter and let melt, then sprinkle in reserved flour. Cook until flour is no longer raw, then stir in chicken broth and heavy cream. Bring to a simmer, until sauce begins to thicken, about 5 minutes.
- 6. Drop pork chops into skillet and cook until pork is cooked through, about 10 minutes or more.
- 7. Garnish with parsley and serve!