- Preparation time
- 15 mins
- Cooking time
- 90 mins
- 4 people
- Meal course
- Posted by
- Posted on
- December 2, 2019
Deep red and sexy is the colour of Pomodoro sauce. However, it is often mistaken with marinara. Pomodoro is a thick and smooth sauce that is produced after simmering in the pot for hours. Marinara, on the other hand, is runny and chunky.
If you think we are going to spend a lot of time making this recipe, you thought wrong, because nobody has got time for that – even if there are two in the kitchen, most times, we prefer to be indulging in easy home-cooked food. All you have to do, however, is to continually stir and smash the sauce to create a thicker, less chunky consistency.
What’s more? You can just add your favourite proteins – think grilled chicken, baked salmon or meatballs, and voila, Bon Appetit!
- 1. Add salt and olive oil in a pot of boiling water, and cook pasta according to package directions. Drain after it is al dente.
- 2. Heat oil in large pot over medium heat. Caramelise onion, about 5 minutes and add garlic. Cook until fragrant, 1 minute more.
- 3. Add tomatoes and cook until juices are released. Season with salt, pepper, and a pinch red pepper flakes. Reduce heat and let simmer for 15 minutes. Stir in basil.
- 4. Add spaghetti and ¼ cup pasta water. Toss to combine. Add more pasta water if needed.
- 5. Scoop it out on plates, garnish with more basil and Parmesan. Serve hot!