- Preparation time
- 40 mins
- Cooking time
- 15 mins
- 5 people
- Meal course
- Posted by
- Posted on
- November 26, 2019
Hasta Lasagna, baby! We bid goodbye to the classic way of cooking lasagna, giving the classic comfort food favorite a good greasy twist – fried lasagna.
So, let’s get to it. The ingredients are pretty much the same as the classic. All you need is the white sauce, red sauce, and some noodles. If you’re opting to add meat, then add it to the white sauce. This recipe contains ricotta cheese mix, but if you’d like, you could add some diced mushrooms and different types of cheese to the ricotta mixture.
Be sure to oil up your noodles so they don’t stick together. This is also a great way for you and your partner to spend some quality time while folding the lasagna.
Grab your folded lasagna noodles and fry them. Check the heat of the oil in the pan by drizzling a bit of water into the pan. If it sizzles, then the oil is hot enough and ready to fry. This Fried Lasagna recipe is the ultimate comfort food you and your partner would love to cook and dine.
- 1. Grease a large baking sheet with cooking spray and place cooked lasagna noodles on top.
- 2. Stir together ricotta, 1 egg, and garlic and season with salt and pepper in a medium sized bowl. Spread on each lasagna noodle and sprinkle with mozzarella.
- 3. Fold each lasagna noodle three or four times to create a square. Freeze on prepared baking sheet until firm - about 30 minutes.
- 4. Put flour, remaining 3 eggs, and bread crumbs in three separate shallow bowls. Whisk eggs until beaten and season bread crumbs with salt and pepper. Then, coat lasagna squares in flour, then in egg wash, and finally toss in bread crumbs to coat.
- 5. Heat 1 1/2 inches oil until simmering. Using tongs, add 3 or 4 lasagna squares and cook until golden, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Drain lasagna squares on a paper towel–lined wire rack.
- 6. Serve with marinara sauce on the side.