- Preparation time
- 10 mins
- Cooking time
- 65 mins
- 4 people
- Meal course
- Posted by
- Posted on
- November 12, 2019
We all love a bowl of good ‘ol fashion soup to calm our fast-paced lives. Fall in love with the flavours of a hearty soup that is this easy french onion soup recipe. From the name itself, we know it we don’t need to be a chef or even wait long to get a spoonful of goodness after a tiring day at work.
The ingredients for this french soup are very accessible. And the secret to a fantastic-tasting french onion soup is none other than… white wine!
Adding a half cup of white wine will do the trick – blessing the marriage of the ingredients to form a flavourful meal. Also, this french onion soup is no good without slices of just-the-right-crunch baguette.
Don’t worry thinking about what you’re going to have for dinner with the beau. Try this cheesy and easy recipe and we’re sure they’d love it. Oui! Oui!
- 1. Melt butter in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add onions and stir until deeply golden.
- 2. Add flour and cook until no longer raw. Season with salt and pepper, then add white wine and let simmer until evaporated. Then add chicken and beef stocks and thyme, bringing it to a boil.
- 3. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper again and remove thyme.
- 4. Preheat broiler to high. Place 2 baguette slices on a large baking sheet and top each slice with 2 tablespoons cheese. Place under broiler until cheese is bubbling and golden brown.
- 5. Serve soup in bowls or large mugs with baguette slice on top. Garnish with a thyme spring.