- Preparation time
- 20 mins
- Cooking time
- 135 mins
- 4 people
- Meal course
- Posted by
- Posted on
- November 14, 2019
How do you like your pizza? If you ask us, we extra love our pizza when it’s fresh-out-of-the-oven. Nothing beats that gooey cheese as you pull a slice away from the rest. With this recipe, you can spend time making this with your partner and indulge together.
First, plan what kind of toppings you’d like to have on your pizza – do you want it extra cheesy, with extra sauce, with some herbs, or with more meat? It’s all up to you. If you and your partner could be on a diet, you can add lots of herbs and olives (who doesn’t love olives, right?). Or if you both have different preferences, HALF IT! Let your partner make their side, and you can make yours.
Be playful in choosing the sauce. Then, opt to add extra cheese, baking it at the right temperature, transferring carefully, and garnishing or adding the final touches to the pizza.
- 1. To make the base, grease a large bowl with cooking spray. In a small bowl add water and sugar and stir to dissolve, then sprinkle over yeast and let sit until frothy, about 8 minutes.
- 2. In another large bowl, pour in flour, salt, and oil. Pour in yeast mixture, mixing it with a wooden spoon until everything is combined and dough begins to form.
- 3. Knead until dough starts to come together, adding a pinch of flour if needed, until it feels elastic and only slightly tacky. This will take about 5 minutes. Form into a tight ball and place into aprepared bowl, and cover with a clean dish towel. Let rise in a warm spot in your kitchen until doubled in size, about 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- 4. Gently punch down the dough and divide it into 2. Pinch them and roll into balls. At this point, you can freeze one, or make two pizzas. Let dough balls rest as you preheat oven to 260°C and grease a large baking sheet with olive oil. Sprinkle all over with 2 tablespoons of wheatflour.
- 5. Gently flatten one ball of dough and roll with a rolling pin until about 12” in diameter (or as thin as you can). Transfer it onto the baking sheet and brush oil all over the dough.
- 6. Add 1/2 cup of sauce to middle of dough and spread outwards, leaving about 1” for the crust. Top with half the slices of mozzarella.
- 7. Bake until crust is golden and the cheese is melted, around 15 minutes.
- 8. Once it is done, top pizza with fresh basil leaves, a drizzle of olive oil, and red pepper flakes.